Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Claudia's first appearance: My in depth introduction part 1

Hello everyone,
Taken near hunting Island Sc, a beautiful scene we found

         This is Claudia writing for the first time and the first thing I would like to say is thank you for reading this (or at least beginning to read this). I am hoping you will stick with me and finish the rest , but if you don't then at least you will know that I appreciate you reading my first sentence. To start things off I am going to say a few things that you may already know about me if you have been watching my vlogs but some of this information will also be new. Because every good story typically starts in a magical place you will be happy to know that my story is no exception. I was born in New Jersey in , and this is not a joke, Jersey Shore   Medical Center. I only lived in NJ until I was four and I remember very little though I did continue to visit my family there for most of my childhood summers. Though NJ was only my home for about four years that never stopped it from gaining influence on my life. I will explain exactly what I mean by this later. Upon leaving NJ my family moved to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina to be with my grandfather. This move eventually led to another that turned out to be our last stop for a while. We moved to Boiling Springs , SC which became the place where my childhood and high school years would be spent. I enjoyed school as I was always eager to learn and Boiling Springs was a good town to have grown up in. Though at times it seemed too boring and too small ( which it was). Like everyone who has every lived in a small town or like in my case a somewhat large town that has ways of feeling tiny, you will fully understand what I am about to say. Living in Boiling Springs often made me feel restless, like I was missing out on a big world that I had no chance to explore. I also had some days when I felt like an outsider, even though I had lived in the this town for most of my life. I attribute my feeling of being an outsider to the strong influence NJ still had on my life. For starters I had never attended the local baptist church that the majority of my school had been attending since they were in diapers. Also I was not "kin" to everyone and their brother. At times it seriously seemed like everyone had at least one relative just around the corner at all times. A few other differences between my family and the families in Boiling Springs was that we said you guys and never yall, yes ma'am and no ma'am were not required to be polite, we tended to talk with our hands (something my friends loved to make fun of me for in elementary school) and the list goes on and on with typical Italian stereotypes. Though sometimes I wonder if feeling like an outsider was only in my head, looking back I feel that I really was and still am much different then most of my friends. But no matter if I was an outsider I enjoyed High School and I think I learned the lesson we all learn one way or another. Though it is so clique I believe I (for the most part) do not worry about what other people think of me. I do have times where I can be very self- conscious, but I typically do not let this stop me from pursuing what I desire, like this vlog!
        Now that is where I am going to stop for today. I went much more in depth then I had planned so I have decided to turn this into a two part series. Next time I will share some other random facts about myself and I will finish off by telling you about my big move to Texas.   

No comments:

Post a Comment