Sunday, July 20, 2014

Tin Has Returned!

Yes, I am done with California

 Long time, no blog. Also, no Vlog as my last two were preloaded as you saw. As I have now returned from my Californian vacation (my plane landed about 5 hours ago) I am weary and gross looking and ready to spill all about my experience. 
 Let me start this off by stating that I'm not ungrateful for the opportunity to travel. I realize how fortunate and lucky I am. HOWEVER. This trip was not without its fair share, or even extra-heaping of drama. And I'm not talking about the variety of drama in which we tune in weekly to watch religiously on our reality tv programs. Rather, I am talking about your standard run of the mill mother-daughter drama rama. As anyone who knows me knows, my mother is extremelyyyy overbearing, overprotective, a helicopter parent, whichever you choose to call it. Regardless of what you call her style of rearing, it is annoying and stunting AF. 
 All mothers and daughters have beef, right? Right. Especially when the beloved only daughter gets ready to embark on college, thus leaving the full time mother without a career. And also when they are confined to one space for the duration of 11 days that feel like an eon. So basically, me and my madre bickered like normal except for the fact that I WAS STUCK WITH HER. As well as my stepdad and brother, who annoyed me almost as much.
 Because I feel like my ickiness tainted my vacation quite heartily, I have decided that I will no longer go on family vacations. They just aren't worth the locations to deal with the company, know what I'm saying?
 So while I would love to regale you with all of the fun adventures I had, I feel like that would be disingenuous. Did I have fun? Yes, I did and you will see my fun times documented on my upcoming Cali Vlogs. But the thing with Vlogs is that you can edit them to portray like you're perfect. And my trip and my life and myself are/is definitely not perfect. 
 Keep that in mind when you experience the highlights with me, but also know that I am generously sparing you from the sucktacular bits. 
 The reason that I am sharing all of this with you is to let you know, for future reference, if you go on vacation with people who you have an already rocky relationship with at home, the wonder and majesty of "vacation" will not remedy that. 
 On the other hand, I believe that if you have a steady and strong relationship, it will only strengthen on vacation. Which is why I can't wait for all of the adventures and vacations and shenanigans all of us at LegallyVlog will go on. (Though we might need separate rooms at one point)
 Here's wishing you faith, trust, and pixie dust
 --- Tin

No comments:

Post a Comment